It’s Tuesday! Skip the tacos, and go straight to making this tequila lime chicken rice bowl instead! This has all the components to satisfy your Tuesday. It’s loaded with lots of bold ingredients to amp up your Tuesday to get you through the rest of the week.
Being a real adult = cooking with alcohol instead of just drinking it.
The key to the best food is the freshest ingredients. So, I used fresh lime and orange juice for the marinade and fresh mangos and pineapples for the salsa!
Aerial view of this tequila lime chicken:
Let me break it down:
- Chicken thighs marinated in tequila, fresh orange juice, fresh lime juice, Tajin seasoning, and salt and pepper
- Long-grain white rice with fresh cilantro
- Fruit salsa from fresh mango and pineapple
- Thinly sliced, fried jalapeños
Why I love this:
- You can marinate the chicken for up to 1 week and it will still be good to go!
- The fruit salsa is so fresh and light that it stands up to the heaviness of rice and chicken. In short, it brightens the whole dish up!
- Frying the jalapeños makes them slightly sweet, crispy, but still with a little kick to them.
As always, up close and personal!
Stay hungry my friends and remember to pour yourself an extra shot of tequila while cooking, pour me one while you’re at it!
If you’re looking for some more Mexican recipes- take a look here!
- Mexican avocado toast with fried jalapenos and queso fresco
- Healthy Mexican chicken and brown rice salad bowl
- Mexican shakshuka with poached eggs and spicy chorizo
- Strawberry stuffed churros (Mexican Hanukkah)
P.S. Be sure to keep in touch with me on my Instagram!