This healthy dish combines the best of the Mediterranean- fresh vegetables, herbs, cheese, olive oil, and fish. This recipe is light on your stomach and on your watch! This Mediterranean salmon quinoa salad is ready in 15 minutes or less- so you can spend a little less time in the kitchen, and a little more time eating!
My favorite thing about this dish is how light you feel after eating it. I feel full and satisfied after eating this, not like I want to roll over and sleep for 3 decades. No food comas here! Even though this recipe is NOT low-fat, the healthy fats in the salmon and olive oil are mainly mono- and poly-unsaturated fats. Also, there’s tons of protein from the salmon, quinoa, and the cheese, and you get a healthy dose of veggies from the cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions.
I’ve always struggled with moderation in eating- if I like something, I want to have it until I can’t breathe. Can y’all relate with this struggle? To combat that, I try to eat healthy as much as possible. That way, even if you over-eat, you never feel guilty because you’re nourishing your body with some flavorful and nutrient-filled eats!
Overall, this is a POWER salad that’s good for you and you’ll love it too! You can eat this Mediterranean salmon quinoa salad hot or cold- whatever floats your boat.
Some variations to this recipe:
- Use brown rice, white rice, or couscous instead of quinoa
- Keep the skin on the salmon for an additional crunch
- Use tuna, shrimp, chicken, steak, or any other fish or meat to substitute the salmon
- Add Kalamata olives for additional flavor and healthy fats
- Use cherry tomatoes or heirloom tomatoes instead of regular tomatoes for additional sweetness and color
Be sure to keep in touch with me on Instagram!